Verizon Wireless is a telecommunications company offering customers wireless, Internet, home phone and television services. The wireless side of the business is no limited to cellular phone coverage. Verizon customers are given the opportunity to purchase smartphones, tablets, Internet connectivity devices and more.
Applying for Verizon Wireless
- Application Process: For new customers, applying Verizon wireless coverage is simple. Visit the shop to choose the device you wish to purchase, choose a plan for the device and enter your name and address [+]. On the following page you will be asked for your credit card information, an ID and your social security number and date of birth. This is where you agree to the terms and conditions of the purchase and a credit check. If a security deposit is required you will be notified immediately or by mail.
- Contract Terms: The contract terms for your Verizon wireless coverage lock you in to two years of service with the company [+].
Accessing Your Verizon Wireless Account
- Login: You can sign in to the MyAccount page with your cell phone number or user ID [+].
- Payment Details: Verizon Wireless allows customers to make payments by phone, at store locations and by mail – in addition to online payment options available via the login or MyAccount page [+].
- Phone: Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 for contract phones and 1-888-294-6804 for prepaid phones.
- Store Locations: Enter your zip code to find a store near you [+].
- Mail: Send you Verizon wireless payment to Verizon Wireless P.O. Box 660108 Dallas, TX 75266
Verizon Wireless Security Deposits and Fees [+]
- Security Deposit: Up to $400.
- Activation Fee: $35 a line (initial) and $30 per upgraded device.
- Early Cancellation Fee: $350 for advanced devices and $175 for other devices. With each month of service, the early cancellation fee is reduced by $10 and $5 for advanced and other devices, respectively.
- Monthly Fee: Verizon Wireless charges administrative, regulatory and federal universal service fees each month.
- Roaming Charges [+]: There are international roaming charges with Verizon Wireless. In some parts of the United States, roaming charges may also apply.
- Text Messages: 50 cents per message sent and 5 cents per message received. Rates are per recipient.
- Multimedia: 25 cents each to send and receive messages. Rates are per recipient.
- Data: $2.05 per MB in Canada, $5.12 per MB in Mexico and $20.48 per MB in all other countries.
Verizon Wireless PayAsYouGo
The prepaid or pay-as-you-go program with Verizon Wireless offers unlimited talk and text. Data is limited to 2GB or 4GB, depending on the plan you choose. You can add extra money to your account to pay for data overages, but the time you have to use your money is limited by Verizon [+].
- Per Minute Fee: Not applicable
- Data Fee: 5 cents per MB over your limit.
- Text Fee: Not applicable
How to Cancel Your Verizon Wireless Account
Call Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 to cancel your service.