US Cellular Wireless
US Cellular Wireless
US Cellular wireless is a contract mobile phone company that offers phones, tablets, home phone and wireless connection devices. There is a prepaid option that eliminates the need for a credit check. US Cellular claims they will not deny anyone service based on the results of the credit check, but they may require a security deposit before service is started.
Applying for US Cellular Wireless
- Application Process: Visit the US Cellular wireless shop to start the application process [+]. Choose the phone or device you wish to purchase then add a plan. At checkout you will be asked for your social security number for a credit check. Upon completion of the credit check, you will be offered service – with a security deposit required in some cases.
- Contract Terms: All contracts signed through US Cellular wireless are two-year contracts. There is an alternative prepaid program that requires no contract.
Accessing Your US Cellular Wireless Account
- Login: The official US Cellular wireless website gives customers the opportunity to manage their account, including bill payment and upgrades, from the official website [+].
- Payment Details: US Cellular wireless customers can choose from several, convenient payment options. US Cellular customers can pay with a checking account, savings account, credit card or debit card. Credit cards accepted include American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
- Online: Log in to your account to make a payment [+].
- Phone: Dial *729 from your US Cellular phone or call 1-888-944-9400 to pay your bill.
- In Store: Locate your local US Cellular store to drop off your payment in person [+].
- Mail: Mail your US Cellular payment to US Cellular Dept 0205 Palatine, IL 60055
US Cellular Wireless Security Deposits and Fees [+]
- Security Deposit: There is a security deposit required if you do not meet the credit requirements for $0 security deposit new service. The amount of the deposit will be determined upon application.
- Activation Fee: All customers pay an activation fee of $35 per device.
- Early Cancellation Fee: There is an early termination fee of $350 for smartphones and tablets and $150 for all other devices. The fee is reduced by $14.58 per month for smartphones and tablets and $6.25 per month for all other devices.
- Monthly Fee: Monthly fees, including a $1.57 regulatory fee per device, will be added to your account balance.
- Roaming Charges: US Cellular wireless does impose roaming charges on some accounts. The amount is revealed in your personal terms and conditions. If you have a national calling plan there are no roaming charges [+].
US Cellular Wireless PayAsYouGo
US Cellular wireless offers several pay-as-you-go plans. Both prepaid data plans offer unlimited talk and text with limited data. Voice and messaging and voice-only plans charge on a per minute basis for overages or use.
- Per Minute Fee: 25 cents per minute over the plan allowed or per minute for the $10 prepaid plan.
- Data Fee: No per-use data plans are available.
- Text Fee: 25 cents per message over the limit or if no text message plan is chosen.
How to Cancel Your US Cellular Wireless Account
Call US Cellular wireless customer service at 1-888-944-9400 to cancel your account.