Tracfone wireless is a company owned and operated by America Movil. America Movil has made a point of buying several no-contract mobile phone companies in the United States, including Straight Talk, Net10, Simple Mobile and SafeLink. In total, America Movil is responsible for providing mobile phone service to more than 20 million people.
Applying for Tracfone Wireless
- Application Process: There is no application process to follow with Tracfone wireless. Customers purchase the Tracfone and plan directly from participating retailers or online.
- Contract Terms: Tracfone does not offer customers contracts, though some plans limit the time available to use purchased minutes and data.
Accessing Your Tracfone Wireless Account
- Login: From the top of the main page of the Tracfone wireless website, customers can enter the email address and password associated with their account to log in [+].
- Payment Details: Customers with Tracfone wireless can purchase cards online or at participating retailers. Card purchases can be made with cash or credit card.
Tracfone Wireless Security Deposits and Fees
- Security Deposit: Tracfone does not require customers hold a contract with the company so there is no credit check and no security deposit.
- Activation Fee: You will never be charged an activation fee for starting service with Tracfone wireless.
- Early Cancellation Fee: With no contract there is no early cancellation fee, even if you purchase a smartphone from Tracfone wireless.
- Monthly Fee: Monthly fees are included in the card purchase so customers are not required to pay monthly fees outside of their monthly plan charge.
- Roaming Charges: You will be charged roaming charges when you leave your home calling area. For every minute you talk, two minutes will be deducted from your plan.
Tracfone Wireless PayAsYouGo
Tracfone wireless charges customers in minutes, not money. The company offers a double minute card and triple minute cards are available during some special events. With the purchase of a double minute card, the consumer is credited for double the minutes with each purchase reducing the overall per-minute cost by half.
- Per Minute Fee: As little as 6.7 cents per minute.
- Data Fee: Each minute using data is deducted as 0.5 minutes of airtime [+].
- Text Fee: Sending and opening text messages are deducted as 0.3 minutes each [+].
How to Cancel Your Tracfone Wireless Account
There is no cancellation process for your Tracfone wireless account if you add airtime manually each month. If you are on an automatic monthly plan call 1-800-867-7183 to cancel the automatic payment.