T Mobile Wireless
T-Mobile is a no-contract mobile phone company on par with Verizon and Sprint. The company offers customers the opportunity to upgrade to a new phone as desired or choose a no-contract plan with premium phone options and unlimited high speed data.
Applying for T-Mobile Wireless
- Application Process: The application process for T-Mobile wireless is identical to other contract carriers. You shop for a phone and plan and when you reach the checkout page you will be asked to enter your social security number. The social security number is used to run a credit check to determine if a security deposit is required to start service with T-Mobile wireless. There is no contract with T-mobile wireless, but you are responsible for paying off the phone you’ve chosen if you choose the Jump plan. Payoff takes two years.
- Contract Terms: Your cell phone service with T-mobile is not under contract, but if you choose to purchase a premium phone on the Jump program you will be responsible for paying off the phone and that takes two years.
Accessing Your T-Mobile Wireless Account
- Login: T-Mobile wireless offers customers online account via MyAccount [+].
- Payment Details: T-Mobile allows customers to pay bills online, by phone and in person.
- Online: Log in to your account and make a payment via your personal account [+].
- Phone: Call 1-877-453-1304 to make your payment by phone.
- In Person: Locate a T-Mobile store where you can pay your bill in person using the Store Locator [+].
T-Mobile Wireless Security Deposits and Fees
- Security Deposit: There may be a security deposit on your device if you plan on financing the device with the Jump program at T-Mobile wireless.
- Activation Fee: In some cases there is a $35 activation fee.
- Early Cancellation Fee: There are no early cancellation fees with T-Mobile wireless service, but you will be responsible for the remaining balance on your device finance contract if you cancel before the two-year payment plan is paid in full.
- Monthly Fee: T-Mobile does charge universal service fees and regulatory fees from customers. These fees are added on to the customer’s monthly bill.
- Roaming Charges: Roaming charges may apply for customers with regional and international service plans. Customers can expect to pay up to 49 cents per minute for roaming calls.
T-Mobile Wireless PayAsYouGo
All T-Mobile wireless pay-as-you-go plans offer unlimited talk, text and data. High-speed data is limited with speeds throttled down after the limit is reached [+].
- Per Minute Fee: No fee.
- Data Fee: No fee.
- Text Fee: No fee.
How to Cancel Your T-Mobile Wireless Account
To cancel your T-Mobile wireless account, call 1-800-866-2453. If you purchased your phone outright or you have paid off the contract on your Jump purchase, you will not be charged a fee to cancel service. If you have a remaining Jump balance, you will be responsible for the remaining balance in full.