Great Call Wireless
Great Call Wireless
Great Call wireless is the company behind Jitterbug and 5Star Urgent Response phones. Service from Jitterbug comes with no contract, so customers reserve the right to cancel their cell phone plan at any time – this includes data plans for Jitterbug smartphones.
Applying for Great Call Wireless
- Application Process: There is no application process to purchase service or phones from Great Call wireless. Simply visit the shop, choose a phone, pick your plan and accessories and checkout with a major credit card [+]. You can choose between the 5Star Responder and multiple Jitterbug phones.
- Contract Terms: There are no contracts with Great Call wireless.
Accessing Your Great Call Wireless Account
- Login: You can manage your Great Call wireless account online [+].
- Payment Details: There is no mention of payment options on the Great Call wireless website. You can make payments from your online account [+], but there is also mention of a returned check fee so check payments may also be accepted at store locations [+].
Great Call Wireless Security Deposits and Fees
- Security Deposit: There is no security deposit required to start service with Great Call wireless.
- Activation Fee: There is a $35 activation fee on Great Call wireless phones.
- Early Cancellation Fee: There is no early cancellation fee because Great Call wireless is a no-contract company.
- Monthly Fee: We did not find any mention of monthly maintenance fees.
- Roaming Charges: There are no roaming charges with Great Call wireless, unless callers are using phones when traveling out of the country.
Great Call Wireless PayAsYouGo
- Per Minute Fee: There is no per minute fee as the user will be prompted to add minutes if the calling plan expires in any given month. Add-on plans are priced from 10 to 17 cents per minute with the lowest charges associated with larger add-on plans.
- Data Fee: Data rates are charged on a monthly basis. There is no mention of over the limit fees per MB. The user may be prompted to add data if they reach the data limit.
- Text Fee: There is a fee of 10 cents per text message for all messages sent over the monthly package limit.
How to Cancel Your Great Call Wireless Account
Simply call Great Call wireless customer service at 1-800-733-6632 to cancel your account. There are no cancellation fees. If you cancel within the first 30 days, you may be eligible for a credit for a portion of your activation fee.