Cricket wireless is a no-contract wireless phone provider with unlimited talk, text and data plans that beat competitor prices, according to the company website. The rate comparisons are based on unlimited plans from major contract companies like AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
Applying for Cricket Wireless
- Application Process: There is no application process to purchase Cricket wireless phones. Simply visit the shop and enter your zip code to access available plans [+]. Not all plans are available in all locations, so phones and service available to each customer will be determined by zip code before the customer is allowed to complete a purchase.
- Contract Terms: There are no contracts with Cricket wireless.
Accessing Your Cricket Wireless Account
- Login: If you have an account with Cricket wireless you can log in to your account to make changes, payments and more [+].
- Payment Details: Cricket wireless offers customers seven ways to pay for service, including paying online, by text message and by mail.
- Phone: Dial *729 from your Cricket wireless phone or 1-800-274-2538 to make a payment by phone.
- Text: Text the last four digits of the credit card or debit card used to make a payment on your Cricket wireless account to *729. You can also text the amount you’d like to add to your account and the last four of your last payment method to 233 to add funds to your account. For instance, texting 1234 50 to 233 would add $50 in credit to your account.
- Mail: Send payments to Cricket Communications P.O. Box 660747 Dallas, TX 75266
- Online: Visit the My Account page to login and pay your account [+].
Cricket Wireless Security Deposits and Fees
- Security Deposit: There is no security deposit on Cricket wireless phones.
- Activation Fee: We found mention of a $25 activation fee in a search results description, but there is no mention of an activation fee in any plan description.
- Early Cancellation Fee: There is no early cancellation fee with Cricket wireless.
- Monthly Fee: We found no mention of a monthly maintenance fee.
- Roaming Charges: Some plans charge customers 25 cents per minute.
Cricket Wireless PayAsYouGo
- Per Minute Fee: All Cricket wireless plans offer unlimited minutes.
- Data Fee: There is no data fee as all plans offer unlimited data – though data speeds may be reduced after hitting the high-speed ceiling limit on some plans.
- Text Fee: There are no text message fees unless you are sending international text messages. International text messages are charged at 20 cents per outgoing message.
How to Cancel Your Cricket Wireless Account
If you want to cancel your Cricket wireless phone, simply stop adding funds to your account. Your service will end when all funds are depleted. You can add funds to your account at any time to restart service without a reactivation fee.