Straight Talk Wireless
Straight Talk Wireless
Straight Talk wireless is a no-contract mobile phone, home phone and broadband access company available exclusively from Walmart. The company claims prices are lower with Straight Talk because cellular service is provided by towers maintained by other companies. Without the maintenance costs, the consumer gets the better price with the same cellular service.
Applying for Straight Talk Wireless
- Application Process: There is no application process when it comes to purchasing a Straight Talk wireless product. Simply visit a Walmart store, choose the phone you’d like to purchase and the appropriate mobile phone plan for your new phone. Instructions on how to activate the phone are available on the official website [+].
- Contract Terms: There is no contract with Straight Talk wireless.
Accessing Your Straight Talk Wireless Account
- Login: You can register for your Straight Talk account with a valid email address. Log in to your account on the Straight Talk wireless website [+].
- Payment Details: You can choose to refill your Straight talk plan automatically, with a PIN or via online purchase [+].
- Auto Refill: Log in to your account to setup auto refill to keep service going each month.
- PIN: Purchase a Straight Talk card from Walmart and enter the PIN online.
- Online Purchase: Visit the Refill page to purchase a refill for your phone [+].
Straight Talk Wireless Security Deposits and Fees
- Security Deposit: Straight Talk does not charge a security deposit as there are no contract or credit terms.
- Activation Fee: There is no activation fee, though a $6.99 fee is charged for SIM card-only purchases.
- Early Cancellation Fee: There are no early cancellation fees as Straight Talk does not require a service contract.
- Monthly Fee: The only monthly fee with Straight Talk wireless is the fee for service.
- Roaming Charges: There are no roaming charges, but data services may not be available in some roaming areas.
Straight Talk Wireless PayAsYouGo
All Straight Talk wireless plans are pay-as-you-go. The $30 plan is the only plan that limits talk and text with 1000 minutes and 1000 texts per month.
- Per Minute Fee: Straight Talk wireless plans are not priced per minute.
- Data Fee: There are no data plans priced per MB of data.
- Text Fee: Text messages are included in all plans. There are no plans that charge the customer per text message.
How to Cancel Your Straight Talk Wireless Account
If you no longer want to continue your Straight Talk wireless account, do not purchase a plan or PIN for the next month. Your phone will no longer work when the current service month expires.